[Sugar-devel] Chromium integration inside the sugar shell (was Re: Kicking off HTML5 activities work)

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Apr 12 11:13:06 EDT 2013

On 12 April 2013 12:48, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> I like the general idea.
> Question:
> This means a Chromium process should be working all time?

That's the case in the implementation I described.

Though I think it could be optimized to avoid that. If the shell caches the
apps info either in memory or on disk, chromium can be shut down until a
web activity is launched.

That's a bit more complicated, but it's probably worth it until we have a
lot web activities. Not sure how much memory a chromium without any window
is taking though, we should check.