[Sugar-devel] [GSoC 2013] Interested in "Implement help mechanism for activities using Mallard"

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 14:55:43 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 11 April 2013 19:02, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Kalpa Welivitigoda
>> <callkalpa at gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Since the initial form of the help file is in plain text, we can simply
>> > extract the strings from there. btw, I've mailed Shaun so that we can
>> have
>> > his inputs to this discussion as well.
>>
>> I think most of our builds use fairly plain vanilla gettext tools.  I
>> have a sense that Mallard would introduce a dependency on intltool,
>> which I have not used.  Hopefully Shaun can give us an idea of what is
>> involved.

Here is Shaun's reply

"We use ITS Tool to extract strings from XML into PO files, then merge
translated strings back to new XML files:

http://itstool.org/

ITS Tool works with any type of XML, and uses the Internationalization
Tag Set from the W3C to define how to segment the text."

--
Best Regards,

Kalpa Welivitigoda
Junior Treasurer | Electrical Engineering Society
Undergraduate | Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka
http://about.me/callkalpa