[Sugar-devel] [GSoC 2013] Interested in "Implement help mechanism for activities using Mallard"

Kalpa Welivitigoda callkalpa at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 03:51:04 EDT 2013

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 1:06 PM, Bastien <bzg at laptop.org> wrote:

> Hi Kalpa,
>
> this is a very nice and much needed project.
>
> Let's wait for Chris to chim in.  My take on this is that help files
> should be stored using a plain text format like MarkDown or Org-mode.
> It's easier to hack directly, it's easier to read diffs against such
> files, it's easier to feed a translator with them, and it can then be
> converted into Mallard (for internal browsing), or HTML (for online
> documentation) or... anything else.

Thanks for the comments Bastien. Yes it is better to have help in plain
text and develop tools to convert them to desired formats. Let's wait for
Chris.

--
Best Regards,

Kalpa Welivitigoda
Junior Treasurer | Electrical Engineering Society
Undergraduate | Department of Electrical Engineering
University of Moratuwa
Sri Lanka
http://about.me/callkalpa