[Sugar-devel] GSoC 13

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 11:31:12 EDT 2013

On 10 April 2013 17:17, suraj ks <suraj.gillespie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey Manuel,
>
> Oh yes, i do like working with CSS.
> I'd love to get started now as soon as possible.
> But, will it involve just working with the "look and feel"?
>
> When i checked the idea page, i found "Sugar Framework for writing
> activity in full HTML5"
> involved a framework to  write Sugar activities in full HTML5/JavaScript.

At very high level I think it will involve the following

1 Integrate one of the existing web application frameworks inside Sugar.
Basically being able to run a web activity inside the Sugar shell,
integrating with the window manager and the launcher.
2 Native-like UI implemented with HTML5 and CSS.
3 Javascript libraries providing access to Sugar collaboration and
datastore.

We did quite a bit of research and experimentation with these already and
we have a pretty solid idea of how 2 should be done, so on that one I think
it's worth to start coding.

But of course we will have to get to the other points too.