[Sugar-devel] New default values for compatibility in ASLO

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 09:28:31 EDT 2013

On 9 April 2013 23:27, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 6:17 PM, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <
> alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes.. the small first :-)
>>
>> Maybe I lose the discussion: why 0.100 instead 1.00 ?
>>

> The short story is we don't feel ready for 1.0.
> While can sound strange Sugar has not reached 1.0, with 2M users and years
> of development,
> we expected do a API cleanup before announce the mythical 1.0 number,
> and in this cycle, this is difficult due to resources concerns.

My understanding is that we didn't make that decision yet. In the release
thread we agreed to delay it until we had a better idea of the features we
are going to target. I think the marketing team should have his word on
this too.

When Simon is back we should probably bring up this again and make a call.