[Sugar-devel] Reviews experiment

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 18:19:45 EDT 2013

On 3 April 2013 23:53, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 09:47:14PM +0200, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
> > 2. Reviewers will get email notifications when new patches are
> > posted. Please use the web interface to comment on the changes and
> > request fixes.
>
> Are you saying I won't be able to read the patch in e-mail, and won't
> be able reply to it with Reviewed-by, Acked-by or Tested-by?  I often
> read my mail when I have no web interface.
>
> I don't understand how making reviews harder would improve the
> probability of review.

Unfortunately this is highly subjective. What is harder for you is easier
for me. I find it extremely frustrating to do reviews in gmail and there is
almost no time when "I have no web interface".

I've seen this kind of split both in Sugar and in a company I was working
for (I used to be on the email workflow side for a while even :P). Honestly
I have no idea how to go about it other than following what most
contributors like... I don't know of tools that solves this issue.