[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Journal Details view - Re: Sugar 0.100 status report - April 2

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 2 19:20:59 EDT 2013

On 2 Apr 2013, at 23:59, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:

> Some UI feedback for the recently added comment box:
>
> 2013/4/2 Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com>:
>> 5. Walter Bender landed several patches to add a comment box to journal
>> entries. It will be populated both by the Portfolio activity and by the web
>> services integration which is being worked on. The obligatory screenshot
>>
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/images/4/4a/FB-comments.png
>
> Great!  I think it is better to have the header of the box like the
> others, as a label outside the box, followed by a colon.

+1

> On the same page, why not change the tags text box to a one line
> entry?  That will favour vertical space for the comments.

Also worth considering auto folding of empty fields (perhaps down to '(+) add Description/Tags/Comment' one liners for each empty field type?). FWIW: One of the GSOC projects listed [1] already proposes removing the Details view screen and integrating its content, inline, with the Journal so that it keeps context (+1 from me!).

Regards,
--Gary

[1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2013#Unified_journal_view