[Sugar-devel] Github review workflow

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 12:50:31 EDT 2013

On 2 April 2013 16:43, Manuel Quiñones <manuq at laptop.org> wrote:

> > 7 Push the changes to another remote branch
>
> Is there a need for a new branch for each pull request?  Pushing again
> to the topic1 will automatically update the pull request in github.

The problem is when rebasing (i.e. making changes to any of the already
reviewed commits), which is a very very frequent case... You either need to
use another branch or to git push -f, which I'm not too comfortable with,
I'm worried I would it use it accidentally somewhere else if I got used to
it...

Do you know how people generally deals with that case?

The only other option I can think of is to fix the reviewer complaints in
another commit, which I don't like much because it makes a mess of the
history.

> I think we should have shortcuts too, to not block too much.  For a
> simple patch for example, the maintainer could be able to add minor
> tweaks to the pull request and do a manual merge, instead of asking
> another reviewing loop.

Yup.