[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] List View of Activities (hovering stars)

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 29 17:00:50 EDT 2012

Hi Manuel,

On 29 Sep 2012, at 20:02, Manuel Kaufmann <humitos at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 3:52 PM, Gary Martin <garycmartin at googlemail.com> wrote:
>> I think my last suggestion was that we should be using the round grey rectangle outline to show hover, press visual feedback (as we do in the Home view for Activity icons, though this is currently broken after the GTK3 shell port and theming), this sounds like a similar fix as to the UI you linked to in wikipedia.
>
> So, we will have 4 states:
>
> 1. Pressed and un hovered: colorized star without grey rectangle
> 2. Pressed and hovered: colorized star with grey rectangle
> 3. Unpressed and un hovered: uncolorized star without grey rectangle
> 4. Unpressed and hovered: uncolorized star withtout grey rectangle
> So, if I click on the star in the 4) state I will get 2) immediately, right?

Let me reword this, I think 'pressed' has two possible meanings (enabled and button down):

  hovering || button down: show grey rectangle outline
  button down && enabled (colorized star): immediately change to disabled (uncolorized star)
  button down && disabled (uncolorized star): immediately change to enabled (colorized star)

So if the star is currently enabled (colorized) and you hover over it, you'll first see the grey rounded rectangle outline, then if you click/press it you will still see the grey rectangle outline and the star will change immediately to disabled (uncolorized star), as you release and move the mouse away the grey rounded rectangle outline will disappear.

If the star is currently disabled (uncolorized) and you hover over it, you'll first see the grey rounded rectangle outline, then if you click/press it you will still see the grey rectangle outline and the star will change immediately to enabled (colorized star), as you release and move the mouse away the grey rounded rectangle outline will disappear.

--Gary