[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Abacus-36

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Fri Sep 28 09:38:00 EDT 2012

On Friday, 28 September 2012, Walter Bender wrote:

> On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 8:12 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org<javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> I am not sure what problem we are trying to solve. If I give you any
> >> release number > than the latest gtk2 version, won't that solve your
> >> problem? And if I label that release with 0.96+ in ASLO, won't that
> >> resolve itself re old Sugar systems? I think the solution may lie in
> >> simply not making tar balls for gtk2 versions.
> >>
> >> -walter
> >>

> > It's true you can just don't publish tarballs of gtk2 versions,
> > but probably will be confusing for the users.
> > Should be good if we can agree in a consistent numbers in activities.
> > If we decide the proposed schema does not works (dotted version for gtk2,
> > integer for gtk3) we should talk and define a new one.
> > I like the proposal from Peter, just start with 100 with gtk3 versions
> > looks sane.
>
> I don't agree re 100+ simply because some activities already have
> greater than 100 versions (TA, Browse, etc.). We could start at 1000,
> I suppose. But why not just use even for gtk2 and odd for gtk3?

 IMO we don't need consistency between activities about the number, just
about the general approach (i.e. gtk3 starting with a number high enough
that gtk2 < gtk3).

About even and odd, I guess it would work if you make sure the highest
number is always gtk3. Which is possible but feels a bit complicated to me,
I don't know.

--
Daniel Narvaez