[Sugar-devel] Performace in os3

Manuel Kaufmann humitos at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 10:40:17 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm working on my 1.75 XO with os3 and I feel it really slow. There
are some examples:

 - Hover in Favourite and List view

1. Hover in Favourite view
2. Move the mouse directly to List view and hover it
3. It shows the palette after the timeout but the palette square
appears first and then the text

(test this many times because sometimes does not happen)

 - Show and Hide the frame

1. Go to the edge of the screen
2. The frame appears
3. Go again to the edge of the screen (to make the frame hides) --
comment: this works different than before, it was no needed to go
again to the edge of the screen to make it disappears.
4. The frame disappears but it leaves the same frame (width and hight)
in gray color for a while

Besides, I noticed that when you hover on Home Icons they are no
longer highlighted as it was gtk2 version of Sugar. Is this a desired
behaviour?

See you,

--
Kaufmann Manuel