[Sugar-devel] [ASLO] Release Abacus-36

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 26 09:35:59 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 9:19 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 26 September 2012 09:28, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It worked fine in v35, the only change was to bump the spec version,
>>> also there's other Activities that I built fine at the same time.
>>
>> It looks like v35 uses gtk3, v36 uses gtk2. The spec depends on
>> sugar-toolkit-gtk3 so v36 fails.
>
> I've been using even numbers for gtk2 and odd numbers for gtk3 since
> the dotted number scheme doesn't work on all versions of Sugar.

Oh! That wasn't overly clear. Why don't you bump the gtk3 release to
100 and start from there or something to make it perfectly clear
what's what with a reasonable designator? The odd/even is none
obvious. I would have also thought you would have versions 0.82 - 0.94
for gtk2 and > 0.96 for the gtk3 release. I'll await v37 (or what ever
the next gtk3 release is than.

Peter

Peter