[Sugar-devel] Call to Activities Maintainers! Summary info

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 15:05:13 EDT 2012

The field in the activity.info is optional? Or required?
If an activity no have "summary field", what happens?
Regards!
Alan

Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2012 11:41:06 -0300
From: gonzalo at laptop.org
To: sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org; dirakx at gmail.com; walter.bender at gmail.com; alsroot at activitycentral.org; manuq at laptop.org; bert at freudenbergs.de
Subject: [Sugar-devel] Call to Activities Maintainers! Summary info

Hi Activities maintainers,In the next Sugar version, a summary will be displayed in the activities list,instead of the installation time. Something like [1] but in the xo looks better because we have more space.

I have requested help to the Learning Team, to propose a summary for activities,thinking in have a pedagogical view, and Melissa and Claudia prepared a proposal for us. Now we have the help of activity maintainers.

You only need add a summary filed in the activity.info file and release a new version of the activity.Is important do it as soon as possible, to allow translators to work on this,
and then we can do a new release including translations in 2 or 3 weeks.
The list of proposed summaries is here [2]
I know we all have a lot of tasks this cycle, I hope you can help to have the activities list complete!

Thank you!
GonzaloActtivities Team
[1] http://dev.laptop.org/~gonzalo/images/Summary_in_listview.png
[2] http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Godiard/12.1.0/ActivitiesSummary