[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2012-09-18

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Sep 24 04:35:15 EDT 2012

cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com said:
> In my experience, programmers are typically able adept at thinking of
> variables in the abstract, thus the preponderance of "foo" and 'bar" when
> conversationally describing programming with variables.

I think that's misleading.

I consider sensible names (variables and procedures) to be a key step in
making code easy to understand.  That's why we use names like "height" rather
than "j13".

"foo" and 'bar" are generally used for local variables.  They are like
pronouns.  You have to know the context in order to figure out what they mean.

--
These are my opinions.  I hate spam.