[Sugar-devel] Problem downloading a lease.sig file on an XO

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 16:15:42 EDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM, Samuel Greenfeld <greenfeld at laptop.org> wrote:
>> 1. Is there a security problem/concern with having our project's lease.sig
>> file publicly available? (we only generate activations for non-stolen XOs)

Should be ok, as long as you're comfortable with the validity period
(ie: not too long!).

>> 2. Why is the XO adding this .asc extension or how can it be avoided?

As Sam mentions, it is MIME-Types. Perhaps this helps: set the mime
types in your webserver so that .sig files are served as
application/octet-stream (something that I believe sugar will not mess
with).

You can check what mimetype is being set on a transfer with wget --
during download, it'll print a message about Length, that same line
shows the mime-type.

If that doesn't help, let us know.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com