[Sugar-devel] shell-port status

Manuel Quiñones manuq at laptop.org
Fri Sep 7 02:34:41 EDT 2012

2012/9/6 Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>:
> On 09/06/2012 09:31 AM, Simon Schampijer wrote:

>>> I just updated the repo, nearly all of the patches have been rebased,
>>> cleaned and the description prettied up. Now only the Journal patches
>>> are missing and one or two Palette patches. But the existing ones can be
>>> looked at already, most of this is straight forward looking at the
>>> exercise we did with the toolkit port. I will merge in the next days.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>     Simon
>>

>> Had great feedback from Manuel on the patches and incorporated those,
>> updated the repo. One main thing that came up was that we use the
>> dynamic bindings of cairo in the shell as we use "cairo.RectangleInt()"
>> which is only available in the dynamic bindings. The current situation
>> of cairo introspection is mainly that: "The code existing in
>> gobject-introspection is just the minimum required to make GTK
>> introspection work." [1] You can see that if you look at the gir file [2].
>>
>> In the toolkit-gtk3 we use the static bindings as we do want to access
>> things like cairo.OPERATOR_SOURCE, cairo.ImageSurface,
>> cairo.ImageSurface.create_from_png etc. Same we do in activities like
>> Browse when we want to use cairo for drawing operations.
>>
>> Even mixing static and dynamic bindings seems to work fine, at the
>> moment there is no case where we need to, though.
>>
>> Back to the Journal patches,
>>     Simon
>

> All the Journal patches are done. The shell starts and pretty much
> everything is in place. A few smaller items like the Palettes position for
> the Frame icons and the updater/language sections in the CP are left to do.
> And a few theming parts. But the meat is ready.
>
> You need to pull in latest sugar-toolkit-gtk3 as well in order to test this.
>
> Awaiting final review round from Manuel, than we can merge and keep on
> fixing in master.

0037-Journal-initial-port.patch

adds a trailing whitespace, attached is a fix.

0041-FavoritePalette-take-into-account-that-the-first-men.patch

Yeah the _PALETTE_LABEL_OFFSET is a preety descriptive private
constant.  Small typos in the commit message, "meu" should be "menu",
"exisiting" should be "existing".

0042-Use-foreign_new_for_display-API-in-GdkX11.patch

Great that you found more places to replace this, journalactivity.py
and viewsource.py .

So I would say.. go Simon go!

--
.. manuq ..