[Sugar-devel] [Design] Accelerometer icon

Gary Martin garycmartin at googlemail.com
Sun Sep 2 18:09:20 EDT 2012

Hi Agustin,

Early in the current development cycle there were/are plans to enable system wide auto screen rotation using the accelerometer when in ebook mode (there was a chance we might loose the physical rotate button on the display). Using the accelerometer to rotate the image inside Image Viewer would likely prove frustrating if the system was also auto rotating the screen. If we enable system wide auto rotate (in ebook mode) this does raise the case for allowing Activities the option of blocking accelerometer auto rotation if they are the front most activity so they can customise the experience.

Walter, this probably affects you more than others at the moment, what are your thought on auto rotate an activity accelerometer use?

Regards,
--Gary