[Sugar-devel] Enyo Epub integration

Kevin Mark kevin.mark at verizon.net
Sun Sep 2 16:23:21 EDT 2012

--- On Sun, 9/2/12, lionel at olpc-france.org <lionel at olpc-france.org> wrote:

From: lionel at olpc-france.org <lionel at olpc-france.org>
Subject: [Sugar-devel] Enyo Epub integration
To: sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
Date: Sunday, September 2, 2012, 3:59 PM

Hi all,  Following my Enyo Sugar integration template and following James Simon advice, I’ve explored the capacity to integrate Enyo in EPUB.So I’ve developed a small EPUB ebook using Enyo to handle a canvas. More precisely some sensitive zones in the EPUB launch JavaScript functions to update canvas (once again it’s a small Turtle engine :-).  The EPUB file is downloadable here: [1]I’ve tested it the successfully in the Read activity (see a capture [2]) and with the Firefox EPUBReader  [3].  Note than using the small JavaScript framework in my Enyo Sugar template, it’s possible for the EPUB to interact with Sugar directly thought I don’t see what could be the use case.  Best regards from France.                  Lionel.I tried it, cool!. The only thing that comes to mind is simple examples to learn new activities But I'm not sure which ones: chat, write?