[Sugar-devel] Enyo Epub integration

lionel at olpc-france.org lionel at olpc-france.org
Sun Sep 2 15:59:06 EDT 2012

Hi all,

Following my Enyo Sugar integration template and following James Simon
advice, I’ve explored the capacity to integrate Enyo in EPUB.

So I’ve developed a small EPUB ebook using Enyo to handle a canvas. More
precisely some sensitive zones in the EPUB launch JavaScript functions to
update canvas (once again it’s a small Turtle engine :-).

The EPUB file is downloadable here: [1]

I’ve tested it the successfully in the Read activity (see a capture [2]) and
with the Firefox EPUBReader  [3].

Note than using the small JavaScript framework in my Enyo Sugar template,
it’s possible for the EPUB to interact with Sugar directly thought I don’t
see what could be the use case.

Best regards from France.

                Lionel.

[1] http://olpc-france.org/download/enyotest.epub