[Sugar-devel] Problems starting the XO

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Sat Sep 1 14:14:55 EDT 2012

Hi Martin.

Thanks for the reply.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 11:12 PM, Martin Langhoff
<martin.langhoff at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM, Ajay Garg <ajay at activitycentral.com>
> wrote:
> > Thanks Chris and Mikus for the replies.
>
> Hi Ajay,
>
> please ansert cjb's question. It has a good chance of leading to your
> answer. What deps are you ignoring? Why --force?

I am sorry I did not give the full info :(
Usually, for "development" testing, I use this method,  as long as only
"sugar" changes  are involved.

When I first  came across the issue, I followed the normal way, and
installed the "sugar-control-frame" and "sugar-control-accessibility"
packages too (dependencies of "sugar"). I installed all the three packages
without "--force" then.

However, there came to be no difference in behaviour (as long as XO-boot
was concerned). :(

> Also -- /var/log/olpc-dm* logs are likely to have important info.
> Please post them.

Please find attached the entire "/var/log/" directory, of the
"failed-to-launch-X-server" boot on the XO-1.

Note that the names of the files are capitalized and shortened - it so
happened when I copied the "var/log/" directory onto my pen-drive, from
the shell login on the XO.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay