[Sugar-devel] Sugar Activity template for HTML5/Enyo

Aleksey Lim alsroot at sugarlabs.org
Sat Sep 1 07:15:56 EDT 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 10:50:17PM +0200, lionel at olpc-france.org wrote:

> I think it's a good start to show what we could hope from this sort of
> integration and finally, to have more HTML5 developers writing or adapting
> activities to Sugar.

btw, are you thinking about creating something like sugar-toolkit.js
library to create cross-platform applications/sugar-activities?
If yes, whats the teargeting workflow, HTML5/JS/Web integration to sugar
shell itself (and activities) or writing pure JS activities.

For example, if I would be an activity developer, I will prefer
launching my application in many environments as possible (including
Android/WebIS/iOS/etc), e.g., from Sugar Shell and on Android after
downloading it from particular AppStore.

If you are thinking about the second option, Sugar Network might be a
direct analogy of AppStore to run real cross-platform activities. In
comparing with pure Python activities on Sugar Network (synchronized
from ASLO), the only thing that is required is a recent Web browser, ie,
it will work as-is on many platforms.

--
Aleksey