[Sugar-devel] Write bundled with Sugar 0.97.8 fails to start and tells "Could not find any typelib for abi"

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 09:52:51 EDT 2012

Hi,

I know it's not Write. But Write has an undocumented dependency on a
certain Abiword version plus not yet up streamed patches.That's very
developer unfriendly. How am I'm supposed to pull the sources and get it to
work? That normally doesn't require subscribing to a mailing list and
asking.

Activities has an implicit dependency on the sugar platform. But we don't
have any good definition of what that platform is. I'm going to write  a
separate proposal about that, but, until the problem is solved, I think
documenting the Abiword dependency in Write is much better than nothing.

About the branch. According to

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/GTK3/Porting#GIT_conventions

"We've agreed that the GTK3 version should be in the master branch on
gitorious.sugarlabs.org. The GTK2 version should be in a branch called
gtk2."

Is that changed? Otherwise can we please keep as much consistency as
possible? It's a bit of pain to find the branch you want for activities
right now.

Thanks.

--
Daniel Narvaez