[Sugar-devel] Write bundled with Sugar 0.97.8 fails to start and tells "Could not find any typelib for abi"

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 07:53:56 EDT 2012

Can we put links to the upstream bugs/patches (not to the rpms)
somewhere? In a README file or something. Right now if you want to
build Write on anything else than Fedora 18, you have no idea how to
do it.

Also a gtk2 branch would be nice to have since the gtk3 version will
not work on Ubuntu, for example. I would switch sugar-build to it
until the patches are upstreamed and shipped in distros.

(For what it's worth I think this is the only case where keeping gtk2
on master and making a gtk3 branch would have made more sense, but I
suppose it's too late for that)

--
Daniel Narvaez