[Sugar-devel] Turteleart dependency on xdpyinfo

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 07:56:22 EDT 2012

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> the buildbot automated tests are currently failing because xpdyinfo is
>> not installed. Do we need to add it as a dependency or can we just use
>> gtk to get the dpy (as exemplified here
>> http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Touch/Programming_Tips)? It
>> seems easier, faster and it avoids a dependency.

Actually, this needs some investigation. The "tip", which I wrote,
works for GTK3. I need to make sure that (a) there is a GTK2
equivalent ; and (b) that is works on older versions of Sugar. For
sure, going forward, the GTK3 version of Turtle Blocks will use Gtk
for this. Stay tuned.

-walter

--
Walter Bender