[Sugar-devel] Purpose for Help Activity

S. Daniel Francis francis at sugarlabs.org
Tue Oct 16 11:20:43 EDT 2012

2012/10/16 Gonzalo Odiard <gonzalo at laptop.org>:
> Help issues are known and we need solve it,
> but I don't agree with the proposed solution.
>
> The style can be changed with css, that is not a problem.
>
> The biggest problem we have today, is found people to write the help.
> If we impose to a potential writer the work of learn docbook,
> will be worst. And writing a docbook editor is not a trivial task.
People can write the help in any format and then the documentation can
be transcribed by a mainainer.

> About having help content inside the activities,
> probably is a good idea. We need think about:
> * how enable the translation of that content (and how much disk space
> will use if we have all the translations inside the activity)
This a good reason for use Docbook. The documentation could be sent to pootle.

> * where put the content related to sugar (not activities)
With the modern >=XO-1.5 which have the necessary storage space, I
don't see any problem including the content as pre-instaled in Sugar.

Regards,
Daniel.