[Sugar-devel] NPR story on OLPC in Peru

Alexandro Colorado jza at oooes.org
Sat Oct 13 18:48:22 EDT 2012

On 10/13/12, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> Alexandro,
>
> I think you are grossly underestimating the connectivity problem in Peru.

Yes maybe, but I understand most educational systems dont have enough
budget to acquire connectivity so getting connectivity from other
sources like public buildings, libraries, will allow other resource to
come through without needing to be funded by the educational budget.

Now if we are talking about, the whole town not having ways on
connecting, then the next option would be looking for alternative
sources, in Mexico they used Satelite modems.
http://www.scribd.com/doc/10324524/Capacitacion-Para-Maestros-Uso-Del-Aula-Enciclomedia#page=15

But other mediums like DSL modems attached to a wifi router will be
able to get some basic Internet for HTML/images, IRC, etc. The big
question is about the level of connectivity for copper phone lines.

> regards.
>
> -walter
>
> --
> Walter Bender