[Sugar-devel] NPR story on OLPC in Peru

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 15:03:55 EDT 2012

2012/10/13 Alexandro Colorado <jza at oooes.org>:

>> Los trabajos que venimos realizando en forma coordinada entre SugarLabs +
>> SomosAzucar + Ministerio de educación es en brindar una plataforma capaz de
>> mantener a la comunidad educativa CONECTADA, con o sin internet, y esto por
>> que nuestra realidad así lo requiere.
>
> Is there any 'intermediary projects' or setups that allow people to
> keep connected? Giving 2 minute thought, I would think that a RAID
> SERVER on the school could provide a school with the lastest
> information sources like wikipedia, mailing list archieves, ebooks,
> ezines, website pull downs, and other required service that people
> could order to be delivered at the school. Then switch the info
> harddisk from the general system harddisk.

Yes, you should read up on Sugar Network which is part of the
SomosAxucar effort Hernan references.

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Network

You should also know that off-line Wikipedia versions are available in
a variety of languages (English, Spanish, French, Polish, Quechua,
more easily created).

cjl