[Sugar-devel] translate.sugarlabs.org unbearably slow

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 19:30:04 EDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM, Bastien <bzg at laptop.org> wrote:
> Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> There is always working off-line with Virtaal, which is an excellent
>> option.
>
> Thanks for the pointer (I'm using po-mode in Emacs, which is good
> enough.)

The Virtaal package is made by the same developers as Poolte and adds
in some very useful features beyond a simple text editor (or even an
operating system pretending to be a text editor like emacs).

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/virtaal/index

The pofilter checks are very useful as quality checks.  Both the local
translation memory and the on-line lookup translation memory for
offering suggestions can be great aids in productivity and
consistency.

cjl