[Sugar-devel] Hulahop Support

Daniel Drake dsd at laptop.org
Mon Oct 1 13:27:12 EDT 2012

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Daniel Castelo
<dcastelo at plan.ceibal.edu.uy> wrote:
> Hi. In Uruguay we use the program JClic, one of the componentes of this
> program required hulahop.
>
> Do you know if the library has support now? I know that the new Sugar
> Browser is based on Webkit.

Unfortunately its unsupported - a dead project.

Mozilla made some changes internally which broke hulahop and other
embedders, and it wasn't clear how to fix them, and Mozilla publicly
stated that they don't support embedding any more.

There were some patches around that fixed hulahop for Firefox 10 (but
broke again for Firefox 11), or something like that. But I would
suggest that you move to webkit, it is a much nicer experience. Here
is a sample app: http://dev.laptop.org/~dsd/20110625/wkdemo.py

Daniel