[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2012-11-30

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 17:16:00 EST 2012

Walter,

This was my write-up:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/GoogleCodeIn2012/MYOSA

I had eight sub-tasks in there, which included proposals for new chapters
and a couple of suggestions for the existing chapters, mostly involving
GTK3 porting.  I thought giving students the option of making their own
chapters would be a better incentive than the necessary drudgery of
updating the existing ones, which I can take on myself.  Since we are still
shipping the old GTK the existing book still works.  We could leave well
enough alone and add a chapter on migrating to GTK3 plus create new entries
in the Git repository with the code samples migrated.  I don't see updating
individual chapters as attractive tasks, and I don't think a student would
either.

I was more concerned that the Melange only shows this as one big task
rather than eight.

Again, if it turns out that GCI comes and goes and nobody chooses to work
on this I'll still work with anyone who wants to add a chapter to the book,
on his (or her) own terms, and buy them a printed copy of the book and ship
it to where they live.  That person will also get his picture on the back
cover and any other inducement I can reasonably offer.

James Simmons