[Sugar-devel] sugar-build "make build-sugar-artwork" and quad-core compilation

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 28 15:22:53 EST 2012

> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:12:42 +0100
> From: dwnarvaez at gmail.com
> To: alanjas at hotmail.com
> CC: sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] sugar-build "make build-sugar-artwork" and quad-core compilation
>
> On 28 November 2012 03:54, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > You must have support befor April 2013..
>
> Well I'm not planning to add support until it's released. Though I
> would take patches to do so.
>
> > Well.. after install some package, and 1.4 GB of files (include all even the
> > build folder) it works!!
>
> Good :)
>
> > The list it's a good function, but in some cases, you don't know what
> > package it's that you need. Why not add something like this: (in the
> > config/packages/deps-3.4.json there are all the names of the packages):
> >
> > [pkgconfig] gobject-introspection-1.0 (package suggested:
> > libgirepository1.0-dev)
>
> I added something similar. It should print a list of suggested
> packages at the end, which is easier to cut/paste.
>
> As a side effect of that work, it's now using the 3.6 configuration
> which should be better for 13.04. It builds ~ 1/3 of the stuff.

Another thing: when I execute: "make pull", the behavior it's like a "fetch"..Example:
=== Pulling log ===
git remote set-url origin git://git.sugarlabs.org/log/mainline.gitgit remote update originFetching originremote: Counting objects: 20, done.remote: Compressing objects: 100% (14/14), done.remote: Total 14 (delta 9), reused 0 (delta 0)Unpacking objects: 100% (14/14), done.From git://git.sugarlabs.org/log/mainline   882bcdb..1c548f1  master     -> origin/master * [new tag]         v32        -> v32git checkout masterAlready on 'master'Your branch is behind 'origin/master' by 4 commits, and can be fast-forwarded.
Exist an option to up the master to origin/master automatically?
When you execute "make build", the build uses a specify commit or use thestate of each git "as is"??