[Sugar-devel] sugar-build "make build-sugar-artwork" and quad-core compilation

Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn alanjas at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 21:54:25 EST 2012

> Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 01:08:39 +0100
> From: dwnarvaez at gmail.com
> To: alanjas at hotmail.com
> CC: sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org
> Subject: Re: [Sugar-devel] sugar-build "make build-sugar-artwork" and quad-core compilation
>
> On 28 November 2012 00:56, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 28 November 2012 00:44, Alan Jhonn Aguiar Schwyn <alanjas at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >> checking for METACITY... no
> >> configure: error: Package requirements (gtk+-2.0 >= 2.24.0 gio-2.0 >=
> >> 2.25.10 pango >= 1.2.0 gsettings-desktop-schemas >= 3.3.0 libcanberra-gtk
> >> xcomposite >= 0.2 xfixes xrender xdamage xcursor) were not met:
> >>
> >> No package 'gsettings-desktop-schemas' found
> >> No package 'libcanberra-gtk' found
> >
> > Do you have gsettings-desktop-schemas-dev and libcanberra-gtk-dev installed?
>
> I fixed yet another bug... (this was quite productive!) Now when you
> pull and "make" you are likely to get a list like this, probably
> longer:
>
> Failed checks:
> [pkgconfig] gsettings-desktop-schemas
> [pkgconfig] libcanberra-gtk
>
> You need to figure out which packages contains the missing
> dependencies. If you don't install all of them stuff will not work. It
> should be useful for you to look at config/packages/deps-3.4.json,
> where the Ubuntu 12.10 packages are listed. They shouldn't be changed
> too much.
>
> All of this is of course because you are using a distro which is not
> yet supported, normally dependencies are installed automatically.
You must have support befor April 2013..
Well.. after install some package, and 1.4 GB of files (include all even thebuild folder) it works!!
The list it's a good function, but in some cases, you don't know whatpackage it's that you need. Why not add something like this: (in theconfig/packages/deps-3.4.json there are all the names of the packages):
[pkgconfig] gobject-introspection-1.0 (package suggested: libgirepository1.0-dev)