[Sugar-devel] sugar-build "make build-sugar-artwork" and quad-core compilation

Manuel Kaufmann humitos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 13:26:12 EST 2012

On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 3:06 PM, Daniel Narvaez <dwnarvaez at gmail.com> wrote:
> can you explain how you are using it exactly? I didn't readd it when I
> rewrote things because I was not very clear on the use case (I
> normally just make; make install stuff inside a shell).

$ make build-sugar -> just compile and install sugar
$ make build-sugar-artwork -> just compile and install sugar-artwork

and so on...

It seems to be a shortcut for do what you described here.

 1. make shell
 2. cd source/sugar
 3. make
 4. make install

>> Another issue is that I was able to set "-j 8" to make and use more
>> than one CPU to compile all sources. Is there any way to do that in
>> the current sugar-build implementation?
>
> That's supposed to just work

Oh! It's automatic! Great!

I can see the "make -j8" in the logs ;)