[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] Sugar Digest 2012-11-25

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 09:36:42 EST 2012

On 26 November 2012 02:34, Daniel Francis <francis at sugarlabs.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 19:43:35 -0500
> Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 3. Daniel Narvaez has made a number of improvements to sugar-build
>> [5], which has by-and-large replaced sugar-jhbuild as the preferred
>> development environment for Fedora and Ubuntu.
>
> Congratulations to Daniel Narvaez, who does this very important work. Specially where jhbuild stops to work properly always.
>
> Something I don't like completely is that people can contribute to Sugar only from Ubuntu or Fedora, but knowing that jhbuild stopped working in Ubuntu and Debian, it's a terrific improvement.
> A new important step would be support other up-to-date GNU/Linux distros souch as Debian Testing, ArchLinux, Gentoo, et al. But that should come from the Sugar contributors who use those other distros.

Hi,

I agree with both your points here. It would be important to support
more distributions and someone else needs to step in for that to be
possible.

To facilitate this, I'm streamlining a bit the process of adding a
distribution and documenting it. I will post a link to the docs as
soon as I have it.

I'm also be available to help out whoever is interested in
contributing support for a new distribution.