[Sugar-devel] Shared activity game - Maze

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Nov 25 19:02:23 EST 2012

On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 03:20:37PM -0800, Hal Murray wrote:
> quozl at laptop.org said:
> > You can find the version of Maze on you XO by pressing F3, then
> > Ctrl/2, then searching for Maze.  The version number is shown in a
> > column of the result set.  For 13.1.0 build 14 it is version 22.
>
> I didn't know about ctrl-2.  Is there a wiki page that covers all
> that sort of stuff?

I looked, but I couldn't find one.

> I'm a certified geek, but far from a UI wizard.  How should I pick
> up stuff like that?

I picked this one up by putting the cursor over the top of the list
view icon on the top right of the home view.  A palette came up which
said "List view  ctrl+2"

> On my XO-1 running os-14, the right hand column always says "5
> years, 2 months ago".
>
> That's for maze and everything else on the screen.
>
> The up-arrow and down-arrow (pg-up, pg-dn) keys don't do anything.

How irritating.  Perhaps this could be changed.

> But if I use the cursor to scroll around, I don't see any other
> dates.

You will see a date relative to an earlier OLPC OS build,
unfortunately.  This is a bug that is not yet fixed, but I was unable
to find it in trac.  It relates to olpc-update support.  The actual
date is in olpc-os-builder source code.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/