[Sugar-devel] Renaming the Telescope activity to Scope

RJV jv.ravichandran at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 06:57:09 EST 2012

Hi,

This looks like a great activity to me. I am unable to find what kind of
telescopes (in India) can be used and help to this effect on the downloads
page as a Readme would be very helpful.

Has anybody used a physical telescope with this activity and what type?
Thanks for any response.

Jv

On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 12:08 PM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de>wrote:

> Am 20.11.2012 um 06:23 schrieb Martin Langhoff <martin.langhoff at gmail.com
> >:
>
> > On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 11:58 PM, Chris Leonard
> > <cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> As I recall, this activity was already renamed once from xoscope after
> >> it became clear it was colliding in name space with an oscilloscpe
> >> activity.
> >
> > Renames are a pain in infrastructure, and in upgrade handling for users.
> >
> > I would say prefer to retain the current name until there's an
> > overwhelming case for change.
> >

> Agreed. A rename should be well thought through. If you do it, agreed with
> what Chris said, please use a cerb.
>
> Thanks,
>    Simon
>

> > cheers,

> > --
> > martin.langhoff at gmail.com
> > martin at laptop.org -- Software Architect - OLPC
> > - ask interesting questions
> > - don't get distracted with shiny stuff  - working code first
> > - http://wiki.laptop.org/go/User:Martinlanghoff

Ravichandran Jv
http://ravichandranjv.blogspot.com