[Sugar-devel] [TRANSIENT ISSUE] 3G-Modem not being recognised

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Wed Nov 21 05:46:39 EST 2012

Hi all.

I tested on os11, with all power-management disabled.

0.
Insert a pen-drive.

a)
Inserted modem in another slot; the modem is detected.

b)
Reboot.

c)
Modem is NOT detected.

d)
Remove modem.

e)
Insert modem;  the modem is detected.

I tried the above steps 5 times; and the results were same.

Also, please find attached a sample  python script, which lists all the
detected network-devices.
When this script is run as "python nm_test.py" in step c), the modem-device
is not detected by this script as well; whereas in other cases, this
script  detects the device.

Another sequence ::

0.
Ensure that there is no pen-drive inserted in any of the USB slots.

a)
Inserted modem; the modem is detected.

b)
Reboot.

c)
Modem is detected.

d)
Remove modem.

e)
Insert modem;  the modem is detected.

I tried the above steps 5 times; and the results were same.

I will try the  same  steps with os12, once I am finished downloading it.

I don't have a XO-1.5; so can't try on it :-\