[Sugar-devel] Fwd: [gci-announce] Re: Google Code-in 2012 Contest announced for 13-17 year old students interested in open source

Chris Leonard cjlhomeaddress at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 23:41:40 EST 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephanie <sttaylor at google.com>
Date: Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 11:25 PM
Subject: [gci-announce] Re: Google Code-in 2012 Contest announced for
13-17 year old students interested in open source
To: gci-announce at googlegroups.com

The Google Code-in contest for 13-17 year old pre-university students
will begin this Monday, November 26th at 17:00 UTC.  Students can go
to http://www.google-melange.com starting at 17:00 UTC (9:00 AM PST)
on Monday to register as a student in the contest.  Once you have
created your student profile you will then need to upload your
Parental Consent form and your Proof of enrollment in a pre-university
program to your profile.

You can download the Parental Consent form in 14 different languages
from the Google Code-in wiki at
http://code.google.com/p/google-code-in/downloads/list.

When filling out your Google Code-in 2012 Profile on the Program Site
you will also need to upload Proof of Enrollment in a Pre-university,
high  school or secondary program before you will be able to complete
any tasks and receive any prizes.

Any one of following documents is considered acceptable proof of enrollment:

A scanned copy of your student identification card that shows you were
enrolled as of 26 November 2012. The card needs to say 2012-2013
school year on it. Some ID's have a picture ID and name on the front
and the school year on the back, be sure to scan both pages if this is
the case.

A transcript or course list (official or unofficial is fine) showing
the courses you were enrolled in as of 26 November 2012. Transcript in
.txt format is NOT acceptable, but a .pdf or .jpeg of the transcript
is. (Also attach a translated version in .txt or .pdf format if it is
not in English)

A letter from your student affairs or admissions office stating that
you were enrolled as of 26 November 2012. The letter must specifically
state that you were enrolled as a student on November 26, 2012. It can
not just be dated today and say that you are a student at the school.
If the letter is in a language other than English you will need to
also send a translated copy in pdf or txt format.

If you are homeschooled, you must provide a proof of enrollment from
your cover school. If you have questions about the home school
requirement please email program administrators at ospoteam at gmail.com.

To see the 10 participating mentoring organizations you can go to the
program site : google-melange.com.

Good luck and have fun!

Best,
Stephanie Taylor