[Sugar-devel] 2 points of Sugar Labs business

Daniel Narvaez dwnarvaez at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:54:52 EST 2012

On Tuesday, 13 November 2012, James Simmons wrote:

> Daniel,
>
> I may have the version of Fedora wrong.  It may well be 17 that I'm
> running.  I updated the box only a couple of months ago.  It has that new
> version of GNOME that I'm still trying to learn to love.  (I've recently
> started using WindowMaker with Nautilus as the file manager which solves
> some of the problems but not all of them).

You can look at the /etc/fedora-release file to know for sure.

If it's 17 it should not be hard to get a working environment.

> What's the story with Python 3?  I seem to recall reading that Fedora
> would stop shipping Python 2 and everything would break.

Python 2 will certainly be in Fedora 18, which will be released Jan 2013.
I'm not sure what will happen after but I would be surprised if it was
removed in 19. (Peter should know better)

> As I said, I'm a little rusty.  Once I scratched my personal itches with
> Sugar I pretty much left it alone.  I may need some help getting up to
> speed.

 Happy to help as I can!

--
Daniel Narvaez