[Sugar-devel] Datastore is broken

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 12:30:13 EST 2012

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 11:51 AM, Simon Schampijer <simon at schampijer.de> wrote:
> On 11/07/2012 02:45 PM, Daniel Narvaez wrote:
>> Buildbot tests are failing, apparently  because of a datastore issue

I owe you two a beer. A mighty big beer. Thanks for spotting this
thinko before it landed in an OS build.

> We fail because we try to access the index at the final path, but at this
> point we created it at the temp path only. The following patch does work for
> me.

Complete agreement and signoff on your patch. It is a thinko on my
part to be checking the size of the on-disk index, (which after a
reboot in an ENOSPC condition would easily be 0, or some other corrupt
value). The right thing to check is the index on the tmpfs, as Simon's
patch does.

thanks for the quick patch!

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions