[Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Etoys in RC4 SoaS-v7 does not start when jabber is connected. ( f17 release is imminent )

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 28 12:19:46 EDT 2012

On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 5:05 PM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, May 28, 2012 at 10:57 AM, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Etoys 5 is no worse than previous versions in that respect. On the contrary, it deals better with presence service deterioration.
>>>
>>> Re-implementing the presence service takes time, I'm on my own, can't make it happen soon.
>>
>> I think it's been over 2 years, I might just drop eToys from the build
>> because it always causes random issues.
>
> Peter,
>
> I urge you to not drop Etoys. It is one of the most powerful learning
> tools we offer. Sugar is greatly diminished without it. Are there open
> tickets on these random issues?

Well it would be nice if the developers actively participated and
tested in the process. We've had these issues on going for as long as
I can remember and they never get the attention that they need for
"one of the most powerful learning tools we offer" and mostly just
causes me pain.

It's not too late to fix for the core SoaS v7 release so it gives
people 6 months to actively improve the situation for the next
release.

Peter