[Sugar-devel] Etoys in RC4 SoaS-v7 does not start when jabber is connected. ( f17 release is imminent )

Thomas C Gilliard satellit at bendbroadband.com
Sun May 27 13:41:00 EDT 2012

On 05/27/2012 05:37 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 4:56 PM, Thomas C Gilliard
> <satellit at bendbroadband.com>  wrote:
>> I have been testing the RC4 f17 release of SoaS [1] and I see a problem with
>> e-toys:
>> If jabber.sugarlabs.org  is connected via a wireless AP, or wired network,
>> e-toys will not start:
>>
>>   DBusError: Process /usr/bin/sugar-presence-service exited with status 1
>>
>> Etoys runs fine if wireless is not logged in and/or wired network is not
>> connected. (no jabber connected)
>>
>> As Etoys is a favorite on the f3 ring and f17 release is imminent, I feel
>> that this is an important bug to look at.
> Sorry, it was reported too late. It should have also been reported to
> the soas list.
I have been reporting this occasional failure, But only realized what
was causing this behavior 3 days ago. : (

It is possible to use E-toys but the DBusError created by the starting
example is very distracting. See bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/3640#comment:1

The start up example seems to require process