[Sugar-devel] Call for testing and feedback: alternative Journal implementation

Aleksey Lim alsroot at sugarlabs.org
Wed May 23 13:55:28 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 08:31:50AM +0200, Christophe Guéret wrote:
> > But was it Fedora-14? If yes, what redstore version you used (because
> > the recent one can't be build on Fedora-14 due to dependencies'
> > versions).
> >
> On the XO yes, I suppose, but on my desktops I use Archlinux.
> I use Redstore 0.5.4. It requires the latest versions of Redland libraries
> which are not available on Fedora 14.
> I've made a script that download all the dependencies, compile them and
> produce a bundle for the XO.
> This bundle contains the redstore binary (32b) + its dependencies + a
> script to start redstore.
>
> Christophe

I've packaged redstore to SD:Factory repos
(https://packages.sugarlabs.org/project/monitor?project=SweetsDistribution:Factory)
the package is "redstore" that provides "redstore" command and
"redstored" init.d script. I didn't make it autorun in case if you will use it in
the same way as Journal (and Sugar Network database), i.e., keep
database in ~/.sugar/<PROFILE> and start daemon from current user's
session.

To attach new repo, either do it manualy (from
http://download.sugarlabs.org/packages/SweetsDistribution:/Factory/) or
follow SD's regular way (http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sweets_Distribution).

btw, it might be useful to create SemanticXO package as well and make it
pluggable like it was done with Sugar Network (checkbox in "Sweets
Distribution" Control Panel component). i.e., it should regular DBus
service that provides the same Dbus API as sugar-datastore. If you will
do that, I think it will be possible to plug either sugar-datastore or
SemanticXO in runtime.

--
Aleksey