[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Sun May 13 11:52:23 EDT 2012

Thanks Martin and Jerry.

I followed the following steps ::

a)
Listed "lsinitrd /boot/initrd.img".
It did not show any "/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf".

b)
Extracted "/boot/initrd.img" into a temporary folder.
Obviously, no "/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf" was seen.

c)
Generated the required "/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf" with the content
"options libertas libertas_disablemesh=1" in the tmp folder.

d)
Re-compressed the temp-folder to "/boot/initrd.img".

e)
Listed "lsinitrd /boot/initrd.img".
This time, "/etc/modprobe.d/libertas.conf" was listed.

f)
Rebooted XO-1.

g)
Mesh-icons were still observed :(

h)
Note that I did this, without OOB (i.e. I was just wanting to test that
whether this would work at all).

I guess that there is something else we might be missing.

So, I think that the only solution left now, is to put the "rmmod/modprobe"
hack in olpc-configure.

Would it be an acceptable upstream solution (the change in olpc-utils) ?
Martin (Langhoff) / Daniel (Drake) ?

Looking forward to comments and replies.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay