[Sugar-devel] XO names when sharing with server

David Leeming david at leeming-consulting.com
Sat May 12 01:51:14 EDT 2012

I am sure this has been covered before, but would appreciate a reference to
the thread...

I am using XO-1s, release 11.3.0 (build 883) with Sugar 0.94.1 and we are
still using XS version 0.6 with the latest updates.

When using XOs connected and registered on the server to collaborate, the
names of XOs which populate the neighbourhood view are displayed as very
long strings ending something like @schoolserver.fqdn.org rather the correct
friendly "name". This also affects how activities perform when
collaborating. Connect for instance, becomes difficult to use because the
long name of the joined XO causes the playing area to resize to a small area
on the right of screen.

It doesn't seem to do this when using the mesh.

Not sure if this is a server, the OS build or Sugar issue. It used to be
fine with earlier XO builds and the same server version.

Apologies if this has been covered before - if there is a ticket I can view
or whatnot, would appreciate the tip.

David Leeming

Solomon Islands