[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Jerry Vonau jvonau at shaw.ca
Thu May 10 19:32:44 EDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 23:11 +0530, Ajay Garg wrote:
> Oops..
> please ignore my previous mail.
> Instead, this is what the issue is (seems this issue has put me in
> mental sleep; I am making stupid, idiotic mistakes) :|
>
> Anyways, here it is .. (again, please ignore my previous mail
> completely) ::::

OK, no problem.

> If we do the following ::
>
> a)
> In OpenFirmware CLI, do
>
>                       enable-security <my XO-1 serial number>

Now you booing the signed zip files.

> b)
> And there is NOT any "/security/develop.sig" file in my pendrive while
> booting.
>

> c)
> There is NOT any "/security/develop.sig" file on the XO-1,

Your still booting signed zip files. If you were to boot with your
develop.sig present does the disabling of the mesh work?

> it is observed that ::
>
> i)
> mesh-icons are observed in neighborhood-view, both during reboot and
> resume-from-suspend.
>
> ii)
> "/var/log/messages" show the loading of "msh0". However, there are no
> exceptions/crash-traces therein.
>
> iii)
> Also, I see the presence of a folder "/sys/class/net/msh0".
>

> PLEASE NOTE THAT IF ANY OF a), b) OR c) CONDITIONS ARE NOT MET, THE
> MESH - ICONS ARE NOT OBSERVED (AS IS VERY MUCH EXPECTED).
>

> Is my observation in line with anyone's observation on olpc/sugar?
> (Note that the issue was reported by UY deployment; and it could be
> reproduced at our end as well).

How are you introducing the libertas_disablemesh=1 option in the
unlocked boot? Are you using modprobe.d or passing a boot arguement
in /boot/olpc.fth?

Jerry