[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Ajay Garg ajay at activitycentral.com
Thu May 10 13:23:24 EDT 2012

Hi all.

(Unfortunately) A new use-case has come into effect ::

If I boot with "/security/develop.sig" folder in my pendrive,

a)
mesh-icons are observed in neighborhood-view, both during reboot and
resume-from-suspend.

b)
"/var/log/messages" show the loading of "msh0". However, there are no
exceptions/crash-traces therein.

c)
Also, I see the presence of a folder "/sys/class/net/msh0".

However, if there is no "security/develop.sig" file in my pendrive,

a)
No mesh-icons are seen in neighborhood-view, during reboot or
resume-from-suspend (as expected).

b)
"/var/log/messages" has no mention of "msh0" (as expected).

c)
There is no folder "/sys/class/net/msh0" (i guess that is what is expected).

Is my observation in line with anyone's observation on olpc/sugar?
(Note that the issue was reported by UY deployment; and it could be
reproduced at our end as well).

Kindly reply with comments.

Thanks and Regards,
Ajay