[Sugar-devel] Did "write to Journal anytime / kill modal naming dialog" land in 0.96?

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon May 7 15:50:38 EDT 2012

Hi folks,

looking at recent builds (os8 on XO-1.75), I tried to demo the "write
to Journal anytime" feature (and disappearance of the modal
name-this-journal-entry dialog).

I failed on both counts. Couldn't write metadata to the Journal...
except when the modal dialog appeared :-(

According to the wiki, the feature has landed --
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.96/Feature_List -- but I could not make
it work, no new icons in the "activity" toolbar. I tried the Write
activity as that's pictured in the wikipage.

Looking at the feature wikipae some more, I see that "Activity
specific metadata in Journal" got deferred. Maybe both got deferred?

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions