[Sugar-devel] Unit testing an activity

Rafael Ortiz rafael at activitycentral.com
Thu May 3 15:27:51 EDT 2012

On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:54 PM, Taylor Rose (RIT Student)
<tjr1351 at rit.edu>wrote:

> Does anyone have advice about how to run unit tests for an activity? I am
> working on a video conferencing activity called Open Video Chat<https://github.com/FOSSRIT/Open-Video-chat>.
> I'd like to be able to run some basic unit tests on the activity but I'm
> not sure how to instantiate an activity in a testing environment or if it's
> even possible. Can anyone offer advice or point me to an example? I'd like
> to be able to mock a connection and make sure the activity reacts properly,
> starting up gstreamer and such.
>
> Thanks,
> Taylor

Hi Taylor

Thanks for working on Open video chat,
to debug your application you can use Python logging:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Python_Standard_Logging_in_Sugar

Your logs are going to be saved on .sugar/default/logs

For examples on how to use it, you can look at other activities on
http://git.sugarlabs.org

hth.

Thanks.