[Sugar-devel] Wanting to know a bit of (NetworkManager) workflow upon resume-from-suspend

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed May 2 10:29:55 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 10:18 AM, Ajay Garg <ajaygargnsit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Good News.
>
> I managed to get this working (albeit via changes in sugar).
>
> The details are at ::
> http://git.sugarlabs.org/dextrose/mainline/commit/4ac1a5300f4c43608b0f009a23d966d404a15632

The patch seems fairly wrong to me. You are hiding the mesh icons in
sugar, but the mesh is active. Packet forwarding is still happening.

One of the top reasons we stopped using mesh is because it saturates
the RF spectrum, which is a bad thing to do when you have many users
in a small space (ie: in a school).

You had the mesh disable trick working on F11, and (I assume) happy
users of that feature. With this, the feature is broken, but you're
making the UI look right...

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions